RELY-REC is a small and cost effective device, provided with the recording and networking capabilities of a leader high-end recorder. It can be installed in an unattended way in any critical site with multi-CPU FPGA that makes the device one of the most powerful and flexible options available in the market.
In critical systems, it is essential being able to analyze the network communications at frame level for testing and forensic purposes. Furthermore, the validity of this analysis will be constrained by the capability of the infrastructure to correlate the frames with a common time reference. For that purpose, Relyum has developed RELY-REC, a device that is able to inspect, timestamp and record regular Ethernet and high-availability Ethernet traffic, using the same PTP timing reference than the network under analysis.
As an example, due to the critical nature of communications in Electric sector, RELY-REC is an all-in-one solution specifically designed to analyze the traffic in the modern IEC 61850 Digital Substations where the use of combined HSR, PRP and PTP has generated a new challenge for the operators. This device is synchronized with a IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2 infrastructure, that may be the same shared by the other equipment of the substation.
- 2 x SFP cages for 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet copper or 100Base-FX/1000Base-X fiber per TAP connection
- 1 x SFP cages for 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet copper or 100Base-FX/1000Base-X fiber for PTP Master connection (alternative PTP Source)
- 1 x 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet copper port for Console management and for non-stop remote access to recorded data
- IEC 62439-3 v3 Clause 5 “High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)”
- IEC 62439-3 v3 Clause 4 “Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)”
- 10/100/1Gb Ethernet
- IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2
- Operation modes: Transparent Clock, Ordinary Clock
- Profiles: Default, Power, IEC 61850-9-3, AS
- Optional PTP sources for timestamping reference:
- Traffic TAPs
- Dedicated port for external PTP Master
- Internal reference
- 1 x RS485 port
- 2 x USB type A ports
- 1 x HDMI output
- 1 x Alarm output (potential-free relay output 250VAC max.)
- 1 x Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) SMA output
For more details, please see in the catalog.