S24 Smart Line type complex protection in respect of hardware and software is a several variant device. The modules are assembled and configured according to the requirements, and then the software determines the functions.
the IED-EP+ S24 is available in six predefined standard configurations to suit the most.
- Variant 1 is mainly used main or backup protection as overcurrent and motor protection.
- Variant 2 has additional provide voltage protection above Variant 1 . Especially for those applications where small generators are connected to the network / smart grids. Additionally it can be extended with restricted earth fault protection function for simple protection of small transformer.
- Variant 3 is used main protection for overhead lines and cable feeders in distribution networks with distance protection function.
- Variant 4 application has already included line differential protection function for medium voltage distribution network
- Variant 5 is dedicated transformer protection and control IED (intelligent electronic device) for power transformers, unit and step-up transformers including power generator-transformer blocks in utility and industry power distribution systems.
- Variant 6 is dedicated for those application where is only voltage and frequency based protection functions are required.
The IED-EP+ S16 is available in five predefined standard configurations to suit the most common feeder protection applications. Available configurations of the S16 series:
- Variant 1 is mainly used as main or backup overcurrent protection.
- Variant 2 provides additional motor protection functions compared to Variant 1.
- Variant 3 is suitable for those application where only voltage and frequency based protection functions are required.
- Variant 4 is extended with one voltage input. It can be used for residual voltage measuring. Consequently the Variant 4 application includes the residual directional overcurrent protection function.
- Variant 5 provides motor protection functions above Variant 4.