The VIZIMAX Analog Merging Unit (AMU) acquires ac currents and/or voltages from conventional current and voltage transformers (CTs and PTs). It converts these analog signals into digital values and transmits them using the IEC 61850 standard to an Ethernet LAN using different possible Ethernet connections (these are described in the communications ports table).
The data is published in the form of sampled values (SV) that comply with the light edition (LE) of the UCA guide for implementing IEC 61850-9-2 (IEC 61850-9-2LE or commonly called 9-2LE). This data can be used directly by bay controllers and/or protection relays that support this protocol.
The AMU is well suited for rehabilitation of existing conventional installations into an IEC 61850 compliant architecture, providing a second life to the switchyard equipment.
The AMU time synchronization is provided via IEC 61588 PTP compliant master clock or with the use of a PPS synchronization signal received via an electric pulse or a fiber optic connection. Either of these approaches allow for the accuracy required when publishing the sampled value data information via the 61850-9-2 LE protocol.
- Manufacturer agnostic solution: suitable for either brand new or existing current and voltage transformers (CTs and PTs)
- Reduced investment: due to the elimination of copper cables replaced by Fiber optic or RJ45 Ethernet links
- Analog interface: between existing current and voltage transformers (CTs and PTs) and new command / control / protection installations
- Adheres to standards: IEC 61850-9-2LE compliant and NERC CIP, IEEE Std 1686-2007, IEEE Std C37.231-2006 for security compliance
- One platform: installation in the control room or integrated into outside junction boxes equipment
- Rugged: platform resistant to extreme temperatures from -40° C to +85° C
- Remote Management: secure web interface to display event log, alarms, status and system configurations
- Current acquisition: Four (4) current inputs (1A, 5 A) for conventional current transformers (CT)
- Voltage acquisition: Four (4) voltage inputs (69 to 220 Vac) for conventional voltage transformers (PT)
- IEC 61850-9-2 conversion: converts the analog input into digital output using the IEC 61850 protocol
- Digital value publication: Published in form of sampled values (SV) that comply with the light edition (LE) of the UCA guide for implementing IEC 61850-9-2 (9-2 LE)
- Digital Inputs
- Time synchronization: 1588 Ethernet clock or fiber/electrical PPS input or by GPS input
Substation Automation Application
- Acquisition, Conversion and Publication of current and voltage transformers (CTs and PTs) values, according to IEC 61850-9-2, directly to bay controllers and protection relays.