RightWON system consists of modular, programmable, and rugged automation controller that combine key functions into one single platform:
Designed to provide distribution and substation automation experts with a flexible and affordable all-in-one solution, RightWON system brings keys functions into one single platform. RightWON technology fills the gaps between automation, telecommunication, and operation requirements as a local or remotely controlled device.
RightWON adds intelligence and capabilities to existing equipment with minimal impact on costs. It allows an upgrade from legacy’s standards to tomorrow’s technology as it is fully field-upgradable to comply with new applications or standards, as they emerge. RightWON is a field-proven and reliable technology which enables a simple and worry-free solution. Therefore, RightWON system is adapted to the requirements of the sectors of Energy, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure & Asset Management, and Water treatment.
Advantages of RightWON System:
- One product, 4 key functions : A simple IEC 61131-3 programming environment, communication gateway, HMI, management and monitoring functions
- Modular & Expandable : Choose your own configuration over a wide range of possibilities
- From legacy device to tomorrow standards : day-one efficiency and interoperability through industry standards: IEC 61850, DNP3, DNP3 Secure V5, ModBus, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 60870-5-104, OPC, IEC 61400-25, CANBus/CANopen third-party devices, KEMA certifications
- Operation : Standalone, web-based operation as well as local SCADA communication or central site management;
- Protect your investment : Reliable and resistant platform, from –40°C to +75°C with GSM. Field upgradeable units to leverage upcoming features and industry standards
- Security : NERC CIP compliant, DNP3 Secure V5 support, user authentication, audit logging
Your project, ONE solution : the RightWON system
- RightWON Plus : Rugged and compact smart controller with integrated I/O and modem and is a key component of substation automation or distribution automation applications. Refer to the RightWON Plus tab.
- RightWON Satellite : Rugged, programmable, and scalable automation controller receiving up to three (3) intelligent serial, network, telecommunication and I/O plus-ins and one Ethernet switch for multiple configurations. Refer to the RightWON Satellite tab.
- RightWON Engine : Industrial substation controller that concentrates data from all of the substation’s equipment to make them available to the operation center or SCADA monitoring system. Refer to the RightWON Engine tab
- RightWON Configuration Suite : A simple IEC 61131-3 programming software with web HMI, Protocol Manager and Monitoring Functions. Refer to the Configuration Suite tab
Substation Automation Applications
- Secure and interoperable solutions, fully IEC 61850, Modbus, DNP3 and IEC 60870-5-101, -103 and -104 compliant
- Local SCADA capabilities
- Protocol management and conversion, data processing and scaling, I/O acquisition
- Web-based HMI that can display one-line diagram with dynamic information and events recorder (SER)
- Bay controller, substation controller and gateway
- Remote management and monitoring capability
Distribution Automation Applications
- Smarter and self-healing grid
- Fault, Detection, Isolation and Restoration – FDIR
- Volt/VAR optimization
- Decentralized intelligence
- Feeder fault sectionalizer, Feeder protection and control
- Secure IPP interconnection
- Remote management and monitoring capabilities
Strategic Infrastructure Management Applications
- Systems and exchanges interoperability on local networks.
- Transition of operation in reactive mode to a model based on the anticipation of events, and remote operations.
- Increased reliability thanks to rugged units that withstand extremely hostile environments (humidity, condensation, salt, pollution) and extreme temperatures (-40°C to +75°C)
Facilities and Integration Simplification
- One product combines the functions of PLC, support for multiple standard protocols, communications and telecommunications, human-machine interface and remote management
- Extremely compact multifunctional module allowing remote implementation of new options or software features;
- Secure M2M (Machine-to-Machine) link
- Additional available maintenance features include: local and remote access to relevant statuses; acquisition and storage of measured values and key parameters, with local and remote display of graphs; and local and remote event journals that include status changes, over-threshold warnings and outages (among others)
The Vizimax RightWON™ Plus is the newest member of the RightWON family. Its design is based on the field-proven RightWON Satellite core with built-in serial and Ethernet communication ports connected on an expandable I/O base.
The RightWON™ Plus is a rugged and compact automation controller that meets the requirements of industries such as energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and asset management, and water treatment. RightWON Plus acquires digital or analog information from any IED regardless of their protocol and can control IED or make available information to SCADA or control center.
RightWON Plus represents key component in substation automation and distribution automation applications thanks to the following characteristics:
- Real-time processing : Fully IEC 61131-3 compliant PLC with real-time processing
- Protocol compliant : DNP3 Secure V5, IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101, -103 and -104, Modbus, etc.
- Up to 32 isolated digital inputs with 1 ms time stamping, which can be assigned as alarm point, status point or pulse accumulator
- Up to 16 Form C relay outputs. Up to six (6) digital outputs can be ordered with rapid, high power, voltage sourcing (static type high-speed outputs)
- Up to eight range selectable analog inputs for measuring ac or dc signals
- Two Ethernet ports + two serial ports
- Optional integrated GSM, HSPA or PSTN modem
- External GPS-PPS clock synchronization
- -40 °C to +70°C and optional conformal coating
- 5 year warranty
The RightWON Satellite is a rugged, programmable and scalable automation controller. This platform receives up to three (3) smart plus-ins and one Ethernet switch for multiple configurations for local data acquisition, multi-purpose communications and remote management.
A wide range of serial, network, telecommunication, and I/O plug-ins are offered, including most of the wireless telecommunications standards for acquisition. For multi-configuration purposes, you can connect RightWON Satellite Ethernet Switch Module to RightWON Satellite.
Here are all the available RightWON smart plug-ins:
- Serial: one, two or three RS232/422/485 ports
- Ethernet: Copper and fiber optic Ethernet interfaces in single or multi-mode types
- Combo: well-balanced blend of Ethernet & serial ports – with or without insulation
- Telecommunication: PSTN, GSM GPRS/EDGE, GSM-3.6G/HSDPA and leased line
- Input/output: digital or analog
The three RightWON Engine™ are Industrial substation controller that concentrate data from all of the substation’s equipment to make them available to the operation center or SCADA monitoring system. RightWON engine provides:
- Remote equipment monitoring, management and maintenance
- A programmable PLC that complies with the IEC 61131-3 standard
- DNP3, Modbus, IEC 60870 and IEC 61850 protocols access to new and existing IEDs
- Multi-protocol acquisition and Data processing.
- Two-way exchange and conversion of standard communications protocols
- A gateway between Energy protocols and OPC DA for multi-vendor SCADA software
- An unlimited multiple sessions (Server, Client or both) of DNP3, IEC 61850, Modbus, OPC, IEC 60870-5-101-103-104, CEI 61400-25-2 protocols
The RightWON Engine data concentrators acquire data from all the substation equipment, regardless of the protocol used, and transmit the data to the operations center or SCADA system.
In addition, their powerful CPU provides unlimited data processing ability and they can store up to 128 GB of data.
Here is a list of RightWON Engine available:
RightWON Engine StandAlone
RightWON Engine Rackmount
The RightWON Configuration Suite is a multi-language programming & commissioning software for RightWON units.
The RightWON Configuration Suite is installed on PC-based computers and allows project development, application download/upload and project/sites/licensing management for any RightWON unit, and offers numerous smart functions such as: all-in-one multi-project environment featuring I/O – PLC – Protocol – Remote management – Graphic web HMI management and configuration, function block and library management for project re-usability, IEC 61850 embedded SCL editor for Energy fields, and much, much more.
Each licensed software makes it possible to configure and fine tune an unlimited number of RightWON units, either RightWON Satellite or RightWON Engine.
The RightWON Configuration Suite achieves program/firmware/licensing download, monitoring and upgrade, either locally or remotely.