The ΩProt compact devices belong to the smallest, numerical type device family produced.
The OmegaProt compact devices belong to the smallest, numerical type device family produced by PROTECTA Co. Ltd. Due to the compact design the place requirement is small, so they can be applied in narrow locations as well. The application is more economic than the complex products of other types, if the protection requirement allows usage of few inputs and outputs. Because of the small size, the hardware configuration has considerable limitations as compared to the modular EuroProt devices. Main characteristics of the OmegaProt compact devices are as follows:
- compact microprocessor-based devices,
- easy mounting on Ω rails,
- smaller and more economic as compared of other product families,
- the design is realised with compromises:
– it has only maximum three analogue signal inputs (for voltage and currents),
– it has only maximum four independent relay outputs, which can be freely programmed with the software matrix, and can be latched as well,
– the man-machine interface is limited to a fibre optic connector pair, which can connect an external PC or the SCADA system,
– the setting, checking of the parameters, the readout of the on-line information and the recorded events is possible only via this fibre optic interface, Ω 2
– the seven LED-s on the front panel can display some basic information about the internal state of the device and of the protection functions,
– the push-button on the front panel acknowledges the LED signals and resets the latched outputs.
– the connectors are located on the front pane of the device, the wires are fixed with screwed connection.